Sunday, February 23, 2020

Week 2: Scheduling

     After some discussion with Sil, we have a general overview of  when we plan to finish each part of the project.  This will definitely be subject to change if unexpected events turn up or if doing certain parts of the project take longer than we originally thought they would.  Also, I'm including the previous week and this week that's about to end because I hate starting a list after #1.

Week 1: Genre/films research

Week 2: Figuring out a general plot, some more research, planning out a schedule

Week 3: Script and story boarding, researching/finding/making costumes and props

Week 4: Finding actors and a shooting location

Week 5: Probably some overlap from Week 4, hopefully start filming

Week 6: More filming, hopefully finish (fingers crossed)

Week 7: Editing

Week 8: More editing, finish opening, do Creative Critical Reflection

     Sil wants to make sure we have a lot of time to do editing since it can suck up a lot of time if you want it to be really good.  Aiming to start filming in Week 5 also means that if we can't start then, we'll still have plenty of time left to do it.  We'll see how closely we can stick to this time-frame, but I'm about 99% certain that this is not going to turn out the way we plan.  This is at least the most complex production that I've ever participated (I don't know about Sil since I'm pretty sure she's in TV production), so I anticipate that there will be a lot of bumps in the road in my near future in relation to this project.
     In next week's postings, I plan to cover some research on costuming and some stuff on our script and storyboard.  See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

     All good things must come to an end, and the end of the journey I've spent the last 9 weeks writing about here has reached its end ...