Saturday, April 4, 2020

Week 8: Test Run

     In order to make sure that 1. I know how to use HitFilm, and 2. that my computer can handle the software, I decided to do a little test run with adding sound effects to a video.  So, I filmed this short video of me walking my dog:


     It's very short and doesn't have much background noise other than the crinkling of leaves.  I added in some Royalty Free Music from Bensound and the sound of an airplane flying overhead.  This was the result:


     The reference guide I talked about in my last post proved very helpful, as a lot of the features I wanted to utilize were not that easy to find on a first glance.  I lowered the volume of the music so that it wouldn't be so overwhelming and raised the volume of the airplane sounds to make it more noticeable.  While editing, the program shows a timeline of your video so you can see how long it is, and it kept playing after the video ended for up to 5 minutes, so I was a little worried since I couldn't find out how to make it stop doing that.  Fortunately, the edited video was really only as long as the original, so I was worrying over nothing.
     Since this project will be over in a little over a week, my next post will be dedicated to giving some basic answers to the reflection questions to help me prepare my CCR video.  See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

     All good things must come to an end, and the end of the journey I've spent the last 9 weeks writing about here has reached its end ...