Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Week 6: Corona Conundrum: Everything Is Cancelled

 

  Alright.  Okay.  So I expected that some bad stuff could maybe possibly happen when we first started this project.  Insert some old proverb about plans not working out here.  However, this sucks.
     Due to a global pandemic of the corona virus, pretty much everything is shut down and a lot of people are staying hunkered down in their homes.  This just so happens to include our lead actress, Veronica, as well as everyone else who was supposed to show up to be in this.
     Now fortunately, things are not as bad as they seemed when I started writing this blog post yesterday.  We originally thought that Lucille's wouldn't let anyone in because of a bunch of state mandated stuff about social distancing, which would mean we would be without our shooting location and we'd be pretty much screwed.  It's just our luck that they will be opening tomorrow, which means we will be able to go in.  Although I don't know how important that is since we're going to be filming before they open anyway.
     Unfortunately, since our actors are now unavailable, Sil and I have to fill in the roles ourselves.  Which sucks.  I don't particularly like acting, especially not on camera.  It feels very awkward and unnatural, and I feel like I'm making a fool of myself when I do it.  I guess I have some sort of stage fright?  Whatever.  It doesn't really matter at this point.  The show must go on regardless of whether I like it or not.
     Since we're going to be filming tomorrow, my next blog post will be about that.  See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

     All good things must come to an end, and the end of the journey I've spent the last 9 weeks writing about here has reached its end ...