Friday, March 27, 2020

Week 7: Editing Software

     In preparation for editing the sound for our opening, I've had to find a free program to use since I don't like spending money on things I'll probably only use once.  Per advice obtained from one of Sil's friends, I'm going to be using HitFilm Express.

     Just from looking over their website, it seems like they have a lot of really good materials to use for video production and editing.  I may actually use this in the future if I decide to start my own YouTube channel.  The program is free, but there are paid options available to help support the creators and I guess get more tools for the program.  They had some emoji line chart to show how each purchase makes them feel and getting the free one makes a crying emoji.


     I respect the hustle, but that sort of emotional manipulation is just really gross to me.  Especially because I'm such an empathetic and that stuff gets to me.
     Complaints about marketing strategies aside, I plan on using the next day or so learning how the program works in preparation of having to work on the sound.  I'll also be searching around for some royalty-free sound since I really don't like having to ask people I don't know to use their stuff.  Anticipate updates on these efforts in the next post.  See you then.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

     All good things must come to an end, and the end of the journey I've spent the last 9 weeks writing about here has reached its end ...