Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Week 7: Relatively Important Update

     First thing, I have confirmed that we have an extra week for this project.  Turns out the update was on Canvas of all places.  Who would've thought.  You can find my thoughts on this in the previous post.
     Second thing, which is not that important to this production process but more so to this class over all.  Due to the corona virus, Cambridge has cancelled all AICE exams.  This is a very big move considering the exams are what all the AICE courses, including this one, spend the entire year preparing students for.  So I guess that means that this project is just a class grade now?  Okay then.  My primary concern with this project was how it would affect my class grade since it was only half of the exam, so these developments don't really affect me personally all that much.  Although I am quite happy about not having to take any exams at the end of the year.
     Third thing: I need to find a free editing software to help Sil put together the opening.  I originally planned on just using WeVideo, an online program that we've used for editing projects in the past, but Sil thinks that it's not very good when it comes to editing audio, which is going to be my major contribution to this part of the process.  I don't know of any free editing software, I don't have any money to buy a program, and I have no intention of ever spending money on a grade, so that may make this a little difficult.  Sil said she'd ask some people from A Level if they know of any programs, so we'll see if I get any help there.
     I'll be back with an update on my progress in the next post.  See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

     All good things must come to an end, and the end of the journey I've spent the last 9 weeks writing about here has reached its end ...