Sunday, March 22, 2020

Week 6: Lights, Camera, No Actors

     I probably should have made this post a few days ago right after we did this, but I kind of forgot to.  It is what it is.
     At last, we finally got to go film at Lucille's on Thursday.  We couldn't have had better timing for it either, because the governor just ordered that all restaurants not let people inside.  So it seems we pretty much lucked out.  Or you know, as much as we could luck out while not being able to have our actors show up for the scene and have to fill in the roles ourselves.


     On the bright side, I don't look terrible in this greaser outfit.  I would perhaps go so far as to say I even look good.
     Filming lasted a little under two hours.  Sil brought her boyfriend Gus to do the filming and it was a big help.  He's in Media Studies A level, so he's got a lot of experience with this stuff.


     I really don't like acting, especially not in front of a camera, so it was very fortunate that I only had to be in the scene for two shots, only one of which shows me talking.  Due to the music playing in the restaurant and a few other factors, Sil said that we're going to have to dub over our lines in post.  That's fine I guess, since it means that we won't be able to forget our lines.  Something great though is that we're apparently getting an extra week!  Now I have not had this confirmed, but Sil told me this, and she is fairly trustworthy and seems to know a lot of people, so I believe her.  I will edit this post if I find this to be false in the future.
     This means that we have an extra week to do editing (yay)!  What to do I think of this?  Well...

     To be entirely honest, I'm not sure it will really help improve the final product of our opening.  Over the last 5 days or so, I've been losing faith in this project.  Prior to this whole corona virus thing, I thought everything was gonna go really well.  But now that we weren't able to use our actors and had to do last minute changes, combined with the uncertainty caused by this whole situation, I don't think that the opening we're going to produce will be very good.  I mean, c'mon, dubbing our lines?
     Who knows, maybe I'm just a very negative person.  Actually, I think I'm generally regarded as being a cynical person, so I'm probably over blowing this.  We won't know for sure until we're done.
     Now that filming is complete, we can start editing.  That means we'll be working on color, sound, editing techniques, all that good stuff.  My future posts for the next week or so will likely cover these topics.  See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

     All good things must come to an end, and the end of the journey I've spent the last 9 weeks writing about here has reached its end ...